I received free samples of Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax and Breton Gluten Free Herb and Garlic from Dare Foods Incorporated mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Dare Foods Incorporated and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I am not compensated for my time.
To honor Celiac Disease Awareness Month, Dare Foods has teamed up with The Recipe Redux to challenge reduxers to create gluten free recipes using Breton Gluten Free crackers. Redux participants were given a sample box of Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax and Breton Gluten Free Herb and Garlic crackers.
My husband, daughter, and I love to snack on cheese and crackers in the afternoon. We usually use cheese spreads from the Philadelphia famous DiBruno Brothers or cheese spreads from our local Wegmans. When I tasted the Gluten Free Original with Flax I new this cracker would be a great choice for a cheese spread. I love sweet and savory combinations, so wanted to created something different than what we usually enjoy. Bacon and dates are a great combination!
- 1½ cups Feta Crumbles
- 4 oz Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- 3 sliced bacon cooked and diced (I use Uncured Applewood Smoked Bacon)
- 5 Medjool Dates diced
- Breton Gluten Free Original with Flax Crackers
- Place feta and cream cheese into a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Add in olive oil and lemon juice and continue to blend.
- Add in diced bacon and dates.
- Process until bacon and dates are fully incorporated.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the spread on a Gluten Free Original with Flax Cracker.
- Top if you wish with a sliver of granny smith apple.