As a thePlate Boutique Gadget Guru for AroundthePlate.com I was given my first gadget to test. The Lekue Omelet Maker. The omelet maker allows you to quickly make a beautiful omelet in your microwave. The Lekue Omelet Maker is dishwasher safe and is made of 100% platinum silicone. Recipes for different omelets can be found on the Lekue website.
I chose to make a southwestern themed omelet. I used black beans, tomato, garlic, avocado, garlic and yellow pepper.
According to the Lekue directions you place the vegetables with a bit of oil in the omelet maker and cook in your microwave for 3 minutes. I save the avocado for later in the cooking process.
Beat two eggs and add in 1/4 cup of milk. Add egg mixture to the cooked vegetables. I added in the avocado here and shredded cheese.
Place back into the microwave and cook for 2 minutes. Turn the omelet maker over and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
You end up with a perfect looking omelet. I can’t count how many times I have made an omelet on my stove top and had it fall apart and look like a mess! The Lekue Omelet maker is a great tool for your kitchen. The Omelet Maker retails for $15.00. You can order the Lekue Omelet Maker from thePlate Boutique. Receive a 15% off discount on your order with the code: omelet15
A deliciously simple omelet with a mexican twist.
- 2 teaspoons canola or olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup avocado diced
- 1/4 cup bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup shredded mexican style cheese
- Add tomato, beans, avocado, garlic, pepper and oil to the omelet maker.
- Cook on high for 3 minutes.
- Beat two eggs and add milk.
- Add egg mixture to the cooked vegetables in the omelet maker.
- Add in avocado and cheese.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Turn the omelet maker over and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 33 g
Saturated Fat 10 g
Unsaturated Fat 21 g
Cholesterol 401 mg
Sodium 497 mg
Total Carbohydrates 26 g
Dietary Fiber 8 g
Sugars 10 g
Protein 29 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
As a Kitchen Guru for thePlate Boutique, I was provided with a complimentary Lekue Omelet maker by thePlate Boutique to review and create a recipe. I was not compensated for this post and all opinions expressed are completely my own. The Lekue brand is not associated with this review in anyway. For more information on this product or to purchase, please visit thePlateBoutique.com.