Almost a year ago I reviewed emeals.com. Since that time I have become a blogger in their network, which gives me free menus for a year to review and share my thoughts with you. eMeals is launching a “Get Healthy” campaign and to celebrate, are offering 15% off with the code eathealthy 15. All of eMeals recipe plans encourage the inclusion of fruit, vegetables, and whole grains. I think all the plans are helpful for improving overall health. I subscribe to the Low Calorie Family Plan in which all the recipes are 500 calories per serving or less.
One of the newest recipes on the Low Calorie Family Plan is Garlic Shrimp with Blistered Tomatoes. This recipe is 268 calories per serving. The suggested side dish is Herbed Lemon Linguine, which is 223 calories per serving. This recipe also happens to be one of emeals fast recipes taking only 30 minutes from start to finish. Fast meals are essential for me on days where I work at the surgery office!
I loved the tomatoes blistered under the broiler. The recipe says to broil for 4-5 minutes. I left them in a bit longer, but kept checking on them.
- 2 pints cherry or grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 lbs unpeeled large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 12 oz uncooked whole-grain linguine
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- Preheat broiler.
- Toss tomatoes with 1 tablespoon oil, red pepper and 1/4 teaspoon salt on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Broil 4 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes burst.
- Melt butter in a large skillet with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- Saute shrimp and garlic in butter and oil 2 to 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.
- Toss shrimp with tomato mixture.
- Divide into 6 equal portions.
- Serve over Herbed Lemon Linguine, and sprinkle each serving evenly with cheese.
As an emeals blogger I receive a free subscription to emeals. I am also an affiliate for emeals. There are affiliate links within this post. If meal plans are purchased through these links I receive a small commission. The opinions and views regarding emeals.com are my own and not influenced by emeals in any way.