Spice up your next party with this loaded veggie taco dip. Swap out lower calorie ingredients to make a healthier snack for everyone to enjoy.
Any party we have always include some kind of dip on the menu. Onion dip is the most common choice, however, taco dip has been making a comeback. I think taco dip is more festive and a bit more interesting than other dips. It’s always a hit when anyone makes it. Everyone hovers around the table fighting to dip their chips into the dip. My kids even love taco dip despite their dislike of veggies!
I try to make the dip a bit better for you. I use lower fat ingredients including low-fat sour cream, low-fat cream cheese, low-fat cheddar from Cabot, and Greek Yogurt. For additional protein, you could also us Greek Cream Cheese. I love the look of nice green romaine lettuce rather than boring iceberg. Black beans add another source of fiber and protein.
I know my kids try to scoop the dip without getting any of the good stuff! I make sure I get a nice scoop that includes all the ingredients. I love all the colors. Healthy is colorful. My pretty green Le Creuset Poterie Oval Baking Dish is a perfect serving dish. The dish keeps the dip nice and cold.
- 8 ounce low fat cream cheese
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 cup non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 2 ounces low fat cheddar cheese (I used Cabot)
- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans
- 2 cup shredded Romaine lettuce
- 1/2 pint grape or cherry tomatoes,quartered
- In a medium bowl blend together cream cheese, sour cream, yogurt, and taco dip.
- Spread cheese mixture onto the bottom of a 9x13 inch pan.
- Top cream mixture with black beans.
- Add lettuce, tomato, and cheddar cheese.
- Chill until ready to serve.