Need a speedy dinner meal for a busy night? Sheet pan dinners to the rescue! Sheet pan chicken fajitas can be made in just 30 minutes. The best part for this dietitian is that they have only 63 mg of sodium per serving!!
This month’s recipe redux challenge is all about Sheet Pan Recipes. If you are a Pinterest user I’m sure you’ve seen sheet pan meals. These meals have become just as popular as one pot meals. Not only are most of these recipes quick, but they decrease your clean up time tremendously.
You can find sheet pan recipes for breakfast, dinner, and dessert. You can even make a sheet pan Thanksgiving Dinner! The Recipe Redux crew has put together our delicious and of course healthier sheet pan recipes.
Whenever I put a recipe together I always think about what ingredients I usually have on hand and also what my family likes. We usually have chicken in the freezer. I always have at least one onion and a pepper around just in case we are in the mood for a stir fry or sausage and peppers. All three, of course, are ingredients for Chicken Fajitas.
I haven’t made fajitas in years. Not sure why. I guess I assumed the kids wouldn’t like them. I could I forget that my son loves spicy food? When I did I always used fajitas seasoning packets you can pick up in the grocery store. Most fajita seasoning mixes contain salt, approximately 250 mg per serving. I was able to make my own with spices I already had without any salt!
When I did make fajitas in the past I always used fajitas seasoning packets you can pick up in the grocery store. I’m sure most people do. Fajita seasoning mixes contain salt, approximately 250 mg per serving. I was able to make my own with spices I already had without any salt! You will likely use flour or corn tortillas. Prepackaged tortillas can contribute over 300 mg of sodium, no longer making this a low sodium meal! Solution: purchase low sodium tortillas or make homemade tortillas.
Sheet pan dinners are all the rage! Easy prep and clean up make cooking dinner a breeze. These Chicken Fajitas can be ready in just 30 minutes.
- 2 lbs chicken breast tenderloin each sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 vidalia onion sliced
- Olive oil spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Coat a sheet pan with olive oil spray.
- Spread pepper and onion slices onto prepared sheet pan.
- Place chicken slices on top of vegetables.
- Combine seasoning ingredients and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle seasoning mixture over chicken, peppers, and onion.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil over chicken, peppers, and onion.
- Gently toss ingredients to evenly distribute seasoning and oil. (make sure chicken strips are not overlapping)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until chicken reaches 165 degrees F.
Serve in warm low sodium tortillas.
- Top with your favorite toppings! I love cheddar cheese and sour cream.
Recipe facts are without the tortillas.
Quick Chicken Recipes
For more healthy sheet pan ideas stop by The Recipe Redux to see what other members cooked up.